Season 4 of the My DVC Points Podcast was made possible through financial support from the DVC Dream Team:
- DVC Resale Market - Industry Leader in DVC Resales
- DVC Rental Store - DVC Point Rental and Swap Partner
- Incredible Vacation Homes - Luxury Vacation Homes for Family Gatherings
- Be Our Guest Vacations - Travel Agent for DVC Point Swap Programs
- Monera Financial - Exclusively Financing DVC Contracts
- Patreon supporters in the My DVC Points VIP Producer Club.
We're headed to Disney's Vero Beach Resort with Vero Beach owners and fans! The Center for DVC Control should issue a warning on this episode because the enthusiasm for the second Disney Vacation Club resort is contagious! Despite the fact the resort lacks proximity to the theme parks, this episode may spark an addonitis epidemic! This is the second episode in a two-part series on Disney's Vero Beach Resort. For the history of the resort, check out Episode 078.
Disney's Vero Beach Resort Owners & Fans Member Panel
- Sandy Symianick – owner at Disney's Vero Beach and Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Derek DeBoer – owner at Disney's Boardwalk Villas
- Mary Sturgeon Meyers – owner at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, and Disney's Vero Beach Resort
Getting to Disney's Vero Beach Resort
Disney's Vero Beach Resort is located on the Atlantic Coast of Florida, approximately an hour and a half from Walt Disney World. Most visitors drive to the resort from Orlando, which is a quick and easy drive. Other visitors drive up the coast from Fort Lauderdale, which is the more scenic route.
What is the Biggest Appeal of Disney's Vero Beach Resort?
This resort on the beach is perfect for a relaxing family vacation! The location is tranquil, allowing visitors to unplug and truly bond with their families.
There are plenty of activities throughout the day, and the staff is well versed in Disney customer service. Even without theme parks to fall back on, families are guaranteed to have a fun vacation, with the quality that sets Disney apart.
Finally, the proximity to Walt Disney World makes Disney's Vero Beach Resort the perfect addition to a theme park vacation, creating a "Land & Sea" experience.
Key Features of Disney's Vero Beach Resort
- Secluded beachfront
- Great for walks and looking for seashells, shark teeth, and sea glass
- Not crowded
- Spectacular sunrises
- Sea Turtle Conservation
- Turtle nests line the resort's beachfront (June-September)
- Turtle Walks
- Tour de Turtles (July)
- Turtle hatchling releases
- Guests can meet the nest-sniffing dogs
- Educational seminars offered by Disney Conservationists
- Fun Fact: The resort's lighting at night is yellow, so as not to detract from the natural light of the moon for the turtles!
- Aquatic Activities
- Chair rentals
- Watersport rentals
- Pool with waterslide
- Kids' splash pad
- Waterslide races
- Pool parties
- Pond for Fishing
- Mini Golf
- Basketball Courts
- Tennis Courts
- Soccer Field
- Walking Trails
- Other Fun Activities
- Campfire (select nights)
- New Year's Eve and holiday parties
- Character meet-and-greets
- Kids' Club (select nights)
- Additional fee
- Three hours of fun activities, just for kids!
- Dinner is provided
- Themed Character Meals with Donald and Goofy
- Pirate Dinner - Mondays
- Beach Breakfast - Saturdays
Accommodations at Disney's Vero Beach Resort
- Inn Rooms
- Two queen beds
- Ocean or Standard Views
- Room configurations are not identical!
- Deluxe Studios
- One-Bedroom Villas
- Two-Bedroom Villas
- Three-Bedroom Cottages
- Standalone structures
- Sleeps 12
- Features two balconies, with one overlooking the ocean
- Great points value!
- Click here for a cottage tour!
- Additional Information
- All rooms have been recently refurbished
- Villas are a quick walk to the main Inn building
- Most parking is located under the buildings, so cars are shaded
- Guests may ask for additional amenities in their rooms (blenders, knives and cutting boards, etc.)
Dining at Disney's Vero Beach Resort
- Wind & Waves Market
- Quick Service
- Serves salads, sandwiches, chicken, etc.
- Offers refillable resort mugs
- Also offers Dole Whips, Kona Coffee, and pizza
- Wind & Waves Grill
- Table Service
- Has received mixed reviews
- Green Cabin Room
- Serves small bites
- Wind & Waves Market
- Lots of highly-rated restaurants within a 20-minute drive of the resort
- Local breweries
Disney's Vero Beach Rocks! Facebook Group
- An excellent spot for guests to pick up items for their vacation as other guests check out (boogie boards, chairs, etc.)
- Forum for questions
- Resource for restaurant suggestions
Why Buy at Disney's Vero Beach Resort?
- 11-Month Window for difficult times to book
- Spring Break
- Summer (esp. 4th of July)
- Tour de Turtles (July)
- Christmas & New Year's
- Access to the beach
- Resale points are listed at a great price! Contact the team at DVC Resale Market if you're interested in buying points!
Connect with Us!
Today's episode was produced, edited, and engineered by Chad Pennycuff. Show notes by Samantha Kurtz-Seif. Facebook admins and moderators of the My DVC Points Community Group: Valerie Fairnington, Donna Bickert, Tamara Speidel, Caleb Allison, and Mary Anne Tracy.
If you enjoy the show, please consider buying Chad a dole whip and joining the VIP Producer's Club. Your support allows us to continue producing high-quality content every week. Patreon's join the program to help create content. We usually host an exclusive Facebook live once a month to talk about upcoming projects and general question and answer time.