The first episode of a podcast series focusing on New Member Education. If you're a new member or researching becoming a member, we're creating a podcast playlist just for you. Our panel will be made up of experienced DVC members that are very active in DVC Facebook groups. We ask the question is DVC right for me? We also do an introduction of what's to come in this podcast series. Please note, you will need to go to mydvcpoints.com/newmember for a complete list of this shows. They're not going to be published sequentially as our normal audience may or may not find them educational.
Season 4 of the My DVC Points Podcast was made possible through financial support from the DVC Dream Team:
- DVC Resale Market – Industry Leader in DVC Resales
- DVC Rental Store – DVC Point Rental and Swap Partner
- Incredible Vacation Homes – Luxury Vacation Homes for Family Gatherings
- Be Our Guest Vacations – Travel Agent for DVC Point Swap Programs
- Monera Financial – Exclusively Financing DVC Contracts
- Patreon supporters in the My DVC Points VIP Producer Club.
Meet the Cast for Today's Show:
What is Disney Vacation Club (DVC)?
- Real-estate timeshare
- More like a partially Prepaid vacation year after year to a maximum of X years
- It’s a flexible point-based system. If you hear DVC marketing about go anywhere, any time, don’t believe it. The fine print here is you have a lot of flexibility, based upon AVAILABILITY. It’s a time SHARE. We all share this. We’ll have another episode on Availability with Pete Scheidle and his site DVCHelp.com
- Who is it good for?
- People who know that they will vacation at Disney year after year
- Those who want to stay in deluxe accommodations at Disney
Who should avoid DVC?
- Casual Disney fans
- People who want Christmas and Easter every year at a specific resort UNLESS you can buy a Fixed Week contract
- People who don't want to hold a contract 8-10 years. If you buy directly from Disney most people estimate a break-even at 8-10 years. Resale offers much quicker ROI as you pay less per point and buy fewer points.
What else is coming up in the series?
- Picking Home Resorts
- What Type of Buyer Are You?
- What Makes DVC Unique in Timeshares?
- Direct vs Resale
- Tips for Purchasing Direct
- Tips for Purchasing Resale
- Things You Absolutely Must Know Before Buying
- Banking Borrowing,
- Use Year
- Making and Cancelling Reservations
- How Many Points do You Need
- Setting Expectations for Availability
My DVC Points is an awesome community of DVC members. Our positive, respectful, and authentic conversations about Disney Vacation Club designed to help people make informed and educated decisions about what's best for their families. Our content focuses on a Disney Vacation Member lifestyle. We cover everything from buying, selling, renting, picking your next resort or Disney restaurant. Our conversations start on the My DVC Points Podcast and DVC Newscast and continue on our Facebook Group and our live shows multi-streamed to Facebook and YouTube. Please download our smartphone app. Play Trivia with us every Friday night at 9 PM Eastern at Mouse Quiz!
It takes an awesome community of DVC members to produce our content. We're always recruiting people to help research, produce, edit, or join our shows to share their stories. We've had over 200 DVC members on our podcasts and live shows. Please consider supporting our show through our VIP Producer's Club at Patreon.com.
“Our Team Will Podcast for Dole Whips”
Chad Pennycuff on the My DVC Points Patreon Program