In the second of a two-part episode, we discuss the counter-arguments to buying your DVC Membership directly through Disney. Join Chad, Jake, & DVC Resale Market Agents – Marissa and Derrick as they talk about why buying resale is still a great financial choice, despite the Membership Extras advertised.
Season 4 of the My DVC Points Podcast was made possible through financial support from the DVC Dream Team:
- DVC Resale Market – Industry Leader in DVC Resales
- DVC Rental Store – DVC Point Rental and Swap Partner
- Incredible Vacation Homes – Luxury Vacation Homes for Family Gatherings
- Be Our Guest Vacations – Travel Agent for DVC Point Swap Programs
- Monera Financial – Exclusively Financing DVC Contracts
- Patreon supporters in the My DVC Points VIP Producer Club.
Counter Arguments to Buying DVC Directly Through Disney
At first glance, the DVC Membership Extras look very enticing to prospective buyers. These extras are designed to separate purchasing through the resale market or direct. Here are some reasons why we believe, despite all of the perks advertised, you should still consider buying through resale:
- Benefits can and will go away.
- Florida Residents are entitled to the same Annual Pass discounts as Blue Card holders.
- DVC Resale Market agents are former DVC Cast Members, so you’re getting the same level of customer service and knowledge of the product.
- You still get free parking at the resorts, and everyone pays the same amount of annual dues regardless.
- Disney Cruise Line point transfers can sometimes be twice as much as just paying cash. You can rent your points out and just pay cash for a better deal. Also, Florida & Canadian residents get significant discounts all year.
- You can stay at every original DVC Resort, including Aulani, Grand Cal, etc. The only one you can’t stay at is currently Riviera.
- You are still eligible for RCI transfers.
- Disney After Hours & Halloween/Christmas Parties are always available if you need your “special event” fix.
- You save more by renting your points and paying cash for Disney Collection Resorts than making my using points as a blue cardmember.
My DVC Points is an awesome community of DVC members. Our positive, respectful, and authentic conversations about Disney Vacation Club designed to help people make informed and educated decisions about what's best for their families. Our content focuses on a Disney Vacation Member lifestyle. We cover everything from buying, selling, renting, picking your next resort or Disney restaurant. Our conversations start on the My DVC Points Podcast and DVC Newscast and continue on our Facebook Group and our live shows multi-streamed to Facebook and YouTube. Please download our smartphone app. Play Trivia with us every Friday night at 9 PM Eastern at Mouse Quiz!
It takes an awesome community of DVC members to produce our content. We're always recruiting people to help research, produce, edit, or join our shows to share their stories. We've had over 200 DVC members on our podcasts and live shows. Please consider supporting our show through our VIP Producer's Club at Patreon.com.
“Our Team Will Podcast for Dole Whips”
Chad Pennycuff on the My DVC Points Patreon Program