What are your thoughts on the Villas at the Grand Floridian Expanding? Will this have new resale restrictions? What will the price be? Will this devalue the legacy VGF contracts? What questions and concerns do you have? Jump in and join the conversation on this week's Community Hall Live Podcast.
Season 5 of the My DVC Points is sponsored by the following companies:
- Will these Villas be restricted?
- Chad – Not if they expand out the existing VGF condo association which almost has to happen if they’re only adding studios. Treehouses were tacked on to SSR about this late in the game.
- Sam – Only the standard “No Riveria”
- Guessing Price Per Point?
- Chad – $255 is high for new inventory. I think it will start at $255 minus incentives. This is going to escalate the price for point to prepare us for Disneyland Tower to go on sale.
- Sam – $215 cost per point new + incentives (Riviera currently at $201).
- Do you think this will ultimately de-value the resale of VGF?
- Chad – Depends on the price and incentives. If they come in at DRR price and incentives, resale will go down from its current $178. It needs to be $20-25 above resale for it not to impact this.
- Sam – Yes. Just by supply and demand.
- Open Mic for Listener Questions?
- Will you buy direct points at VGF?
- Chad – Unrestricted Points at Resale is Tempting for me. However, the price per point and point charts at VGF isn’t. I wouldn’t ever really stay there. I’m holding out for Disneyland Tower.
- Sam – Polynesian Studios are actually more expensive for certain times of the year (see chart below). The point charts for VGF won’t change. Big question is whether they offer a new “garden” or “pool” view which is > std but < lake.
Photo Credit: Chad Sparkes. Used under a creative commons license.
My DVC Points is an awesome community of DVC members. Our positive, respectful, and authentic conversations about Disney Vacation Club designed to help people make informed and educated decisions about what's best for their families. Please join us to continue the conversations on our Facebook Group, Discord Server, and YouTube channel.
It takes an awesome community of DVC members to produce our content. We're always recruiting people to help research, produce, edit, or join our shows to share their stories. Thus far we've had over 225 DVC members on our shows.
If our content has been a blessing to your family, please consider supporting our show through our VIP Producer's Club at Patreon.com and join us for the Patreon After-Party from our live shows.
Facebook admins and moderators of the My DVC Points Community Group: Valerie Fairnington, Donna Bickert, Sandy Symianick, Gina Grotsky, Shannon Ford, Caleb Allison, and Mary Anne Tracy. “Take Flight” music by Martinrowberry1 on Pond5.