At My DVC Points, we take pride in the fact we've had over 300 DVC members share their opinions, experiences, and magical memories on the show. Our mission is very clear. Create content that helps members and prospective members make an educated and informed decision about what's best for their families. In order to achieve this mission, we need people who can respectfully share their honest and authentic stories, experiences and magical memories. We are slightly biased in that we're a fan-based community. However, we realize no company is perfect and there is always an opportunity to improve. If you can share an honest, authentic story in a respectful fashion, we want you to join our shows and earn the rank of “My DVC Points Storyteller.” All members who come from a point of contribution are welcome to join our shows and our community.
Casting Open for Season 8 (July – December 2022)
- Season 8 of the My DVC Points podcast is recruiting for individual interviews and topical stories.
- Please note – we will be recording video for Season 8. We're going to try to produce a version for YouTube that includes video and photos.
- This means you'll need a working Mic, headphones, webcam and be in a well lit quiet environment.
- We have an iPhone app to record, but you will need a phone holder to keep it steady for video.
- It's a lot of fun sharing your thoughts and opinions. Seriously, people love recording with us. It's a blast.
- After we edit the show, you'll be proud to share out the show to your friends and family. We'll take out pauses, filler words and get you to sounding awesome.
- To help our editing team, you will need a quiet distraction free environment. That may mean having somebody watch the pets and kids. As parents, that's OK. Explain to your family that you do a lot of them in terms of taking them to school, lessons, sports and extra activities. It's ok if Mom and/or Dad take 90 minutes to do something they want to do.
- Because the multi-member review shows are 10x more work than an interview, we use the as filler and buffer shows when something gets delayed. It may take us a year to air your show. If you want to know where you're at in the schedule, just ask. Please don't get mad or think we didn't like you. We do interviews because they're easier to produce and our regular audience loves them. However, because people don't google personal stories, publishing an interview doesn't necessarily help us grow the platform.