Megan Johnson shares her experience as a Disney enthusiast researching and buying into the Disney Vacation Club (DVC). She discusses the positive changes and opportunities that DVC ownership has brought to her Disney experiences, including frequent trips to Disney World and Disneyland. Megan also expresses interest in adding other DVC resorts to her portfolio and discusses the differences between Genie Plus at Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Episode 259
Season 10 of the My DVC Points Podcast was brought to you by:
DVC Resale Market – Industry Leader in DVC Resales
DVC Rental Store – DVC Point Rentals
Monera Financial – Exclusively Financing DVC Contracts
Patreon supporters in the My DVC Points VIP Producer Club.
- Megan and her family frequently visit Disney World and Disneyland, staying on and off-property to maximize their DVC points.
- While Megan has not yet visited Alani, she hopes to experience the resort by renting DVC points.
- The abundance of dining options and multiple resorts make Walt Disney World stand out.
- Disney parks offer exceptional treatment of children, including pool games and interactions with cast members.
- California Grill offers candy sushi on the kids' menu. It's a creative and adorable dessert option.
- Disneyland Tower Villas is a must-visit accommodation, and the speaker would use 2000 pixie-dusted points to book a grand villa there.
- Grand Villa at Grand Cal is another popular accommodation choice, offering spacious layouts and the need for refurbishment.
- “We had an amazing trip. We probably can't do that multiple-family Grand Villa trip in the future, but we could for one trip; it was a lot of fun.”
- “It [Alani] is such a phenomenal resort. It is my top three in all of DVC.”
- “Last time I stayed there with my kids, it was still FastPasses, but you could get a Max Pass at the time, for you might be getting Radiator Springs racers at nine o'clock at night if you're lucky.”
- “The New Genie Plus out at Disneyland works a lot like the old Max Pass, which I loved, and I was distraught when they changed it.”
- “Walt Disney World blows Disneyland away in terms of the number of restaurants.”
- “They did the science on those impossible burgers and figured out the exact proteins and chemical stuff that makes meat taste like meat.”
- “We thought platinum sounded like she and I both like to have an elevated experience to the extent we can with kids. So we're like, let's talk about that. Let's talk about how we can do that. We think that's the platinum life; that's what we're going for.”
(Generated by Podcast Show Notes at podcastshownotes.ai)
My DVC Points is an awesome community of DVC members. Our positive, respectful, and authentic conversations about Disney Vacation Club are designed to help people make informed and educated decisions about what's best for their families. Please join us to continue our Facebook Group and YouTube channel conversations.
It takes an incredible community of DVC members to produce our content. We're always recruiting people to help research, produce, edit, or join our shows to share their stories. Thus far, we've had over 400 DVC members on our shows.
If our content has been a blessing to your family, please consider supporting our show through our VIP Producer's Club at Patreon.com and join us for the Patreon After-Party from our live shows.