DVC Newscast by My DVC Points Podcast was made possible through financial support from the DVC Dream Team:
- DVC Resale Market – Industry Leader in DVC Resales
- DVC Rental Store – DVC Point Rental and Swap Partner
- Incredible Vacation Homes – Luxury Vacation Homes for Family Gatherings
- Be Our Guest Vacations – Travel Agent for DVC Point Swap Programs
- Monera Financial – Exclusively Financing DVC Contracts
- Patreon supporters in the My DVC Points VIP Producer Club.
On July 16th, Disney officially announced the permanent closure of Stitch’s Great Escape, Primeval Whirl, and Rivers of Light. Two of these attractions were already nearly closed before the whole COVID crisis, but Rivers of Light came as a surprise to many.
On July 17th, the planning and building committee of the city of Anaheim recommended approving the new DVC Tower at the Disneyland Hotel. The committee published a 1,605-page document detailing the resort.
- 1.77 Acres Located between the convention center and the Frontierland Tower
- 12 Story Tower with tiered levels off the back towards Walnut street to minimize view to outside property.
- A planned completion date of 2023
- This project will be a significant improvement to the view from Walnut Street versus the current ivy-covered chain link fence.
- Location is 350 rooms
- 342 rooms in the main building and 8 “garden” rooms next to the pool deck
- 38 Pods (2 person suites similar to Riviera Tower Suites)
- 253 Studios
- 19 2-Bedroom Lock-offs
- 20 dedicated 2-bedrooms
- 2 Grand Villas (2-story on floors 9+10 and 11+12)
- Garden Rooms are 4 Studios and 4 Pods on two levels.
- The largest floors have 40 rooms (Floor 3-5). As the floor number increases, the number of rooms per floor decreases. The 12th floor only has 20 villas.
- 305 Parking Space expected.
- The pool is 2,400 Square Feet (32 x 75 for example)
- 870 Square Foot “Interactive Water Feature” (Splash Pad)
- Pool Bar that seats 20 – only dining at the Tower
- Fitness Center – 1300 Square Feet.
- Lobby with DVC Desk & Concierge + 4 elevators
- Community Hall – 1126 Square Feet.
- Two stories breezeway from the main resort back to the pool area.
- Basement level used for Backstage.
Detailed photographs and drawings from the plan are available to see at https://www.dvchelp.com/page/disneyland-tower-dvc-2023
Link to 1605 page document: http://local.anaheim.net/departmentfolders/planning/PC/Item3.pdf
My DVC Points is an awesome community of DVC members. Our positive, respectful, and authentic conversations about Disney Vacation Club designed to help people make informed and educated decisions about what's best for their families. Our content focuses on a Disney Vacation Member lifestyle. We cover everything from buying, selling, renting, picking your next resort or Disney restaurant. Our conversations start on the My DVC Points Podcast and DVC Newscast and continue on our Facebook Group and our live shows multi-streamed to Facebook and YouTube. Please down our smartphone app. Play Trivia with us every Friday night at 9 PM Eastern at Mouse Quiz!
It takes an awesome community of DVC members to produce our content. We're always recruiting people to help research, produce, edit, or join our shows to share their stories. We've had over 200 DVC members on our podcasts and live shows. Please consider supporting our show through our VIP Producer's Club at Patreon.com.
Today's show was directed and written by Shannon Ford. Show notes by Shannon Ford. Chad Pennycuff, producer and audio engineer. Facebook admins and moderators of the My DVC Points Community Group: Valerie Fairnington, Donna Bickert, Tamara Speidel, Caleb Allison, and Mary Anne Tracy. “Take Flight” music by Martinrowberry1 on Pond5.