All aboard! The Disney Wish has officially released its grand reveal and is ready to sail in June 2022. Join Shannon, Peter, Vicky, & Jake as they discuss details about Disney Cruise Line's fifth ship, Disneyland memberships, and an update regarding the Disney Park Pass system.
DVC Newscast by My DVC Points Podcast was made possible through financial support from the DVC dream team:
- DVC Resale Market – Industry Leader in DVC Resales
- DVC Rental Store – DVC Point Rental and Swap Partner
- Monera Financial – Exclusively Financing DVC Contracts
- Patreon supporters in the My DVC Points VIP Producer Club.
Disneyland Memberships Debuting This Year
On a recent D23 podcast episode, Disneyland President Ken Potrock said that Disneyland Memberships are expected to launch by the end of this year.
Source: D23 Podcast
Disney Park Pass System Booking Changes
Walt Disney World has updated its Park Pass system protocols. Now, if your plans change and your ticket is no longer valid for the date of your scheduled Park Pass, Disney will automatically cancel the reservation. This is in effort to maximize availability during, what is expected to be, a busy summer in the parks.
Source: Disney Park Pass System
Disney Wish Grand Reveal Information
The Disney Wish has been officially revealed, as of Thursday, April 29th. During a half-hour grand reveal, Disney Cruise Line shared some exciting information on what to expect when the Wish hits the high seas.
“When the Disney Wish sets sail in summer 2022, you’ll be immersed in Disney’s rich legacy of enchanting storytelling. We’re bringing to life the stories and characters of Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars adventures like never before.”
“The Disney Wish will sail its maiden voyage — a five-night cruise to Nassau, Bahamas, and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay — on June 9, 2022, followed by an inaugural season of three- and four-night cruises to the same destinations from Port Canaveral, Florida”. The ship’s second voyage will be a DVC Member, 3-night sailing cruise to Castaway Cay.
The following are the booking dates for Castaway Club & DVC Members:
- Monday, May 17: Platinum with 25+ sailings (phone only)
- Tuesday, May 18: Platinum with 20+ sailings (phone only)
- Wednesday, May 19: Platinum with 15+ sailings (phone only)
- Thursday, May 20: All Platinum Members
- Monday, May 24: Gold Members
- Tuesday, May 25: DVC Members and Adventures by Disney Insiders (phone only or Member Services for DVC Members)
- Wednesday, May 26: Silver Members
- Thursday, May 27: General Public
There will be 3 main dining rooms on the Disney Wish, each following DCL’s rotational dining:
“Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure is Disney’s first “Frozen”-themed theatrical dining experience that will bring the world of Arendelle to life through immersive live entertainment — featuring favorite characters like Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, and Olaf — and world-class cuisine infused with Nordic influences.
Worlds of Marvel is the first-ever Marvel cinematic dining adventure, where you’ll play an interactive role in an action-packed Avengers mission that unfolds around you, complete with a worldly menu inspired by the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
1923, named for the year The Walt Disney Company was founded, is an elegant celebration of the company’s legacy, paying homage to the golden age of animation and offering a tasteful tribute to its Californian heritage with dishes inspired by the state’s unique fusion of cultural flavors.”
As for adult only dining, there will be three exclusive locations, each themed after a character from Beauty and The Beast.
Clubs for Kids of All Ages
- Marvel Super Hero Academy is a high-tech Avengers headquarters where young “recruits” will train to be the next generation of Super-Heroes with the help of their own heroes, like Spider-Man, Black Panther, Ant-Man, and the Wasp.
- Fairytale Hall is a royal trio of activity rooms where princesses and princes will let their creativity shine at Rapunzel’s Art Studio, read and act out stories at Belle’s Library, and test newfound icy powers at Anna and Elsa’s Sommerhus.
- Walt Disney Imagineering Lab is a first-of-its-kind opportunity for kids to discover the secrets of Disney Imagineers with hands-on activities and inventive experiments.
- Walt Disney Theater – “an opulent show palace that will come alive with original Broadway-style stage productions developed exclusively for Disney Cruise Line.” It has been announced that an Aladdin, Broadway-style show will be coming to this ship, with two other original productions that will be announced at a later date.
- Wonderland and Neverland Cinemas – “intimate screening rooms that will provide you more options than ever to watch classic and first-run films from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and more.”
“Complete with show scenes, lighting, and special effects, and ‘splashtacular' surprises, this wild water ride is sure to delight everyone in the family as they zig, zag, and zoom through 760 feet of winding tubes suspended high above the upper decks.”
These are just some highlights from the announcement. Interested in learning more about the Disney Wish? Be sure to check out our show notes for more information and a link to the official Disney Parks Blog article.
Source: Disney Parks Blog
Feature art photo used under creative commons license. Photo by Chad Sparkes
My DVC Points is an awesome community of DVC members. Our positive, respectful, and authentic conversations about Disney Vacation Club designed to help people make informed and educated decisions about what's best for their families. Please join us to continue the conversations on our Facebook Group, Discord Server, and YouTube channel.
It takes an awesome community of DVC members to produce our content. We're always recruiting people to help research, produce, edit, or join our shows to share their stories. Thus far we've had over 225 DVC members on our shows.
If our content has been a blessing to your family, please consider supporting our show through our VIP Producer's Club at Patreon.com and join us for the Patreon After-Party from our live shows.
Facebook admins and moderators of the My DVC Points Community Group: Valerie Fairnington, Donna Bickert, Sandy Symianick, Gina Grotsky, Shannon Ford, Caleb Allison, and Mary Anne Tracy. “Take Flight” music by Martinrowberry1 on Pond5.