Andy Berry joins the show to review September 2021. In all but 3 resorts, we had a slight decrease in average sales price. Disney has been more aggressive in exercising its right of first refusal on contracts. 80 contracts were bought back during September (which is more than the last three months combined). We saw huge spikes in Animal Kingdom, Saratoga Springs, and Old Key West. At the time of recording, we saw 400 active contracts on the market. Episode 174
Season 9 of the My DVC Points Podcast was brought to you by:
DVC Resale Market – Industry Leader in DVC Resales
DVC Rental Store – DVC Point Rentals
Monera Financial – Exclusively Financing DVC Contracts
Patreon supporters in the My DVC Points VIP Producer Club.
Andy’s Thoughts and Reactions:
- Disney bought back more points in September 2021 than the previous 3 months combined.
- The price at which Disney is buying back contracts rose 44% within the last year.
Chad’s Thoughts and Reactions:
- 80 buybacks in September. More than last 3 months combined. Holy Cow!
- Somebody take away Minnie’s credit card. She’s on a DVC buying spree!
- The usual suspects are back. AKV, SSR and OKW. Disney finally equalized the pricing of those three resorts to $180 to $186. A lot of people aren’t buying restricted points. Older resorts are insanely popular.
- Only 3 Resorts Saw Average Price Increase: Grand Californian, Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas.
- All of the of the other resorts saw a modest decline.
- 400 Active Listings
- We’re starting to see a slight tilt towards a buyers market.
- DVC Resale Market sells 60% of the contracts on the market. So what happens here is a fairly good estimate of the entire market.
- Featured Listings:
- Numerous Double Point Listings Available
- Subsidized Dues at Aulani – $147 – A February use year, 150 points with all 150 2021 Points banked into 2022.
My DVC Points is an awesome community of DVC members. Our positive, respectful, and authentic conversations about Disney Vacation Club are designed to help people make informed and educated decisions about what's best for their families. Please join us to continue the conversations on our Facebook Group and YouTube channel.
It takes an awesome community of DVC members to produce our content. We're always recruiting people to help research, produce, edit, or join our shows to share their stories. Thus far, we've had over 225 DVC members on our shows.
If our content has been a blessing to your family, please consider supporting our show through our VIP Producer's Club at Patreon.com and join us for the Patreon After-Party from our live shows.