What are the three best studios in DVC? We asked our panel of studio staying experts to give us their top 3 studio choices. We asked them to focus exclusively on the room as we've discussed the resorts in numerous other shows. Episode 222
Season 10 of the My DVC Points Podcast was brought to you by:
DVC Resale Market – Industry Leader in DVC Resales
DVC Rental Store – DVC Point Rentals
Monera Financial – Exclusively Financing DVC Contracts
Patreon supporters in the My DVC Points VIP Producer Club.
Our panelists preferred rooms with extra bathrooms and bedding accommodations. The proximity of the rooms within the resort also came up a few times in our discussion. Some studios sleep 5. Some have extra bathroom amenities (extra shower room, extra vanities,
Sandy's top three studios:
- The New “Resort Studios” at the Grand Floridian – You get two real beds and a couch that flips over to a bed. Some of these rooms have an extended sitting area attached.
- Deluxe Studios at Disney's Polynesian Resort. The bathroom setup at the Polynesian studios cannot be beaten. You have two separate rooms. You have the traditional tub/shower, sink, and toilet combo; however, there's a bonus room with a shower and a sink. This allows multiple people to get ready at the same time. You also have the added benefit of the murphy bed.
- Disney's Vero Beach Resort Inn Rooms – have two queen beds. The room layouts have a variety of designs, and never knowing the room layout is part of the fun of staying at Vero. The Inn Rooms have the added benefit of always being in the main building of the resort. The allows easy access to the pool, restaurants, community hall, shopping, etc.
Pete's top three studios:
- Classic Deluxe Studios at the Grand Floridian – because it's one of the largest studios in Walt Disney World, plus it has murphy beds and a split bathroom.
- Deluxe Studios at the Polynesian – building on Sandy's comment, he noted that while he loves the bathroom layout, the storage in the room is lacking. DVC could have used the extra space in the main bathroom more efficiently. If you have 4-5 people, the square footage of the room is a requirement.
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Value Studios – the point value is exceptional, and they have the best location in the resort. 40% of the value studios are Savanah view. However, because these rooms are located at the front of the resort, all amenities are super close. (Animal Kingdom has a sprawling design to maximize Savanah views at the expense of long hallways).
Gina's top three studios:
- Old Key West – the double beds allow multiple adults to share a studio and nobody has to deal with a pull-out couch. Everyone gets a real bed.
- Resort Studios at the Grand Floridian – because of the multiple beds and size of the room.
- Deluxe Studios at Disney's Rivera Resort because of how spacious the rooms feel. She loves the face the second bed is a comfortable murphy bed, and the studios have a split bathroom arrangement where you have three areas: tub and sink, shower and toilet, and you could use the kitchen sink in a pinch.t
Today's show was produced by Sandy Symianick, and show notes, audio editing, and mastering by Chad Pennycuff.
My DVC Points is an awesome community of DVC members. Our positive, respectful, and authentic conversations about Disney Vacation Club are designed to help people make informed and educated decisions about what's best for their families. Please join us to continue our Facebook Group and YouTube channel conversations.
It takes an incredible community of DVC members to produce our content. We're always recruiting people to help research, produce, edit, or join our shows to share their stories. Thus far, we've had over 400 DVC members on our shows.
If our content has been a blessing to your family, please consider supporting our show through our VIP Producer's Club at Patreon.com and join us for the Patreon After-Party from our live shows.