In the third installment of our 2021 BoardWalk review series, we're talking with BoardWalk Villa superfans: Annelie, Alicia, and Rob. This episode covers the pools, restaurants, activities, and all of the other reasons you're going to want to book a vacation at Disney's BoardWalk Villas.
Season 6 of the My DVC Points Podcast was brought to you by:
- DVC Resale Market – Industry Leader in DVC Resales
- DVC Rental Store – DVC Point Rental and Swap Partner
- Monera Financial – Exclusively Financing DVC Contracts
- Patreon supporters in the My DVC Points VIP Producer Club.
Intro & Initial Expression:
- Annelie Heinen, owner since 2019, most often have stayed at Boardwalk, but own 2 contracts at Boulder Ridge
- Alicia Sikkenga Urbain – owns at Poly and Riviera but has had the most stays at BWV
- Rob Midiri – owner at Copper Creek and Saratoga
- Chad Pennycuff – owner at Polynesian and Copper Creek
- Lots of energy
- Vibrant colors
- Theme: Atlantic City Boardwalk from early 1900s
- Larger resort with lots to do but tends to be noisier than other resorts
- Lots of walking depending on where your room is located
- More of a fun time atmosphere but family-friendly
- Waterfront (Crescent Lake) and close to the action – great location
- Walkable to two of the four parks (Epcot & HS) – major reason why people book it
Activities & Amenities:
- Community Hall
- Rent surrey bikes
- Shows on the boardwalk at night (ex. Juggler, etc.)
- Movies under the stars on the green
- Sideshow Games Arcade
- Muscles & Bustles Health Club
- Wylands Art gallery
- Shopping at Screen Door General Store (one of the largest gift shops in DVC)
- Tennis courts
- Great DVC office and model rooms on site
- Keister coaster pool (RIP Creepy Clown) with Carousel pool bar
- Quiet pool next to Community Hall
Restaurants & Lounges:
- Ice cream shop
- Belle Vue Lounge
- Quick Service – pizza window
- Boardwalk Bakery – serves as the QS location for Boardwalk (beverage refills, sandwiches, salads, baked goods)
- ESPN – not open currently
- Trattoria Al Forno – breakfast is a fan favorite; good value for what you pay.
- Flying Fish – not open currently, but fresh seafood and steaks (signature restaurant)
- Big River Grille & Brewing Works
- Boardwalk Joe’s Marvelous Margarita stand
- Boardwalk Ice Cream (I want my ample hills back!!!) Agreed 100% I haven’t tried the new place so nothing to compare lol:)
- Jellyrolls dueling pianos reopening
Transportation & Parking:
- Pro – can walk to two of the four parks – Hollywood studios and Epcot
- Bus to MK or AK parks, bus to Disney Springs
- Skyliner to Hollywood Studios
- Monorail to MK – walk into back entrance and take Monorail
- Friendship Boats to Hollywood studios, Epcot and Beach Club/Swan & Dolphin
Today's show was produced written by Sandy Symianick, edited by David Kluver, audio mastering by Chad Pennycuff. Photo Credit to actual members of the My DVC Points Community group on Facebook.
My DVC Points is an awesome community of DVC members. Our positive, respectful, and authentic conversations about Disney Vacation Club are designed to help people make informed and educated decisions about what's best for their families. Please join us to continue the conversations on our Facebook Group, Discord Server, and YouTube channel.
It takes an awesome community of DVC members to produce our content. We're always recruiting people to help research, produce, edit, or join our shows to share their stories. Thus far, we've had over 225 DVC members on our shows.
If our content has been a blessing to your family, please consider supporting our show through our VIP Producer's Club at Patreon.com and join us for the Patreon After-Party from our live shows.